- This event has passed.
Supporting Joint Replacement
October 26, 2019 @ 9:00 am - October 27, 2019 @ 5:00 pm£320.00
A two day workshop on how we can help people going through joint replacement, focusing on hips, knees and shoulders.
The focus will be on pre and post-operative patients that are requiring joint re-placement.
Objectives of the day:
- An anatomy review with focus and exploration of fascial connections
- Understanding the Greys Institute to explore how this can be applied pre and post rehab. For this section we will have a guest speaker Stephen Shipperlee
- Spend time exploring how Polestar Pilates movement principals can help both body awareness and function
- We will explore some NLP principals, to aid us being able to inspire our patients to help themselves, and further their recovery by being able to embrace the replacement and make it work for them
- How to coach them so they are able to ask all the questions the need to ask of their consultant
- Also reviewing our soft tissue mobilisation, and how this can effect fascial tethering
This workshop is open to physiotherapists, massage therapists, movement practitioners (Pilates etc), osteopaths and chiropractors.